The St. Romedius Sanctuary, hidden in the thick woods, is one of the most typical hermitages and testimonial sites to the Christina faith in Europe.
The St Romedius sanctuary is a sanctuary dedicated to the figure of Saint Romedieus – located on a steep rocky spur, in the splendid natural surroundings of the Non Valley, in the municipal territory of Coredo (TN).
The sanctuary is made up of five churches built over a nine hundred year period between 1000 and 1918. The five churches were built against a steep rock wall, and are interconnected by 130 steps in a spectacular staircase. It receives approximately 200,000 pilgrims a year, and is kept by two friars of the Order of St Francis of Assisi.